F&M Bank is looking for a Marketing Communications Specialist. Students who have completed The Social Media Magnet courseware and practicum would do very well at this job, or this type of job. See the description below.
SUMMARY: The Marketing Communications Specialist works under the supervision of the Senior Vice President – Marketing. S/he performs general marketing, promotions, special events, and public relations duties: general marketing (25%); promotions (35%); special events (15%) public relations and contributions (25%).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, implements, and executes digital marketing, content messages and social media activities to leverage online media placements and ensure content is current, easily found, efficiently organized, and appropriate.
- Stays current with trends in digital media, content management, marketing and consumer banking through seminars, blogs and research to maximize customer engagement through interactive online activities.
- Actively builds relationships with customers, followers, clients, and prospects and enhances Enterprise’s online presence through the creation of effective digital media tools (audio, video and photos) and social media channels including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube channels.
- Monitors and optimizes web, social content and develops posts including: information, advice, resources, and questions, dialogues that positively reflect on Enterprise’s brand, image, products, services, and expertise.
- Create, develop and execute timely, integrated and cost effective strategies to engage and acquire new customers across digital channels through collaboration with regional and branch staff and departments.
- Plans and executes public relations activities, special events and trade shows
- Creates promotional materials, collateral materials, and publications as appropriate.
- Receives, records, and files all community donations requests; works with supervisor to determine participation, provides follow-up on requests.
- Develops, produces, and distributes internal marketing communications as needed.
- Serves as back-up to Marketing Assistant.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not carry direct supervisory responsibilities. This individual serves in the capacity of a leader amongst peers and in the performance of job duties.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to perform each duty in a satisfactory manner. Requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Three or more years of professional experience in marketing, graphic design or media advertising are required. Advanced training in graphic Design/marketing/advertising or related field. Ability to read and comprehend written and verbal instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: High School Diploma or Equivalent; Current Driver’s License.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand(s) to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hand(s) and arms, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must possess outstanding customer service skills and people skills with an ability to relate to and work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and personalities. Ability to understand sensitive data and to maintain confidentiality. Excellent organization skills; ability to function well in a multiple project, deadline-oriented environment; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Advanced personal computing, graphic design/desktop publishing, and publications skills; Basic bookkeeping skills and accounting skills; Ability to work efficiently and effectively both independently and in collaboration with others to achieve marketing goals. Principles of graphic design and familiarity with In Design, Photoshop and other design software; clerical principles; familiarity with general banking and promotional activities. Applies effective marketing, business, and public relations principles to the administration of day-to-day office operations. Conceives and implements creative ideas. Must be team oriented and professional in demeanor and appearance at all times and project a positive image within the community.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, skills or duties.
Note: This is NOT a job posting with The Social Media Magnet. Every week we like to highlight “types” of jobs that are available to students who experience our courseware. Students who have completed our courseware and practicum would do very well at this job, or this type of job.