The Philadelphia Museum of Art is looking for a Digital Marketing Coordinator. Students who have completed The Social Media Magnet courseware and practicum would do very well at this job, or this type of job. See the description below.
How You Will Contribute
The Digital Marketing Coordinator, in consultation with the Manager of Digital Marketing, develops, coordinates, and disseminates engaging content that aligns with the museum’s mission and brand via digital and social media outlets. As one of the lead developers of digital and social media content, this position works in collaboration with many departments within the Museum to develop content and craft messaging that tells the Museum’s stories.
Specifically, you will:
- Produce relevant and timely digital content that is engaging to a wide range of audiences.
- Schedule all social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and Pinterest, including live coverage when needed.
- Help assess the suitability of new social platforms as relevant
- Assist in managing editorial content calendar and working with the social media committee.
- Produce creative content for posts including copy, short form video, and graphics.
- Monitor social media platform comments and submissions.
- Prepare analytics reports – using Google Analytics, platform insights and other analytics tools. Use information and recommend plan optimization.
- Monitor and track reach, engagement and revenue (when applicable) of social media channels and campaigns for internal, board, and sponsor reporting.
- Report on emerging industry trends and best practices.
- Oversee the planning and logistics for social media influencer events
- Support Manager of Digital Marketing with email building, image sourcing and sign offs.
- Distribute content to partner organizations for e-swaps and newsletters.
- List management to include data capture and segmentation.
- Assist with Google Adwords ad creation and keyword list building
- Assist with processing invoices and tracking budgets as related to duties.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Your diverse background includes:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, statistics or similar area.
- At least two years of digital marketing and social media work in a collaborative environment. Other relevant paid or voluntary work experience is a plus.
- Strong writing and communications skills with experience writing for a variety of platforms.
- Proven abilities in project management and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to use digital analytics software, email software, and social networks. Ability to adapt and update skills as necessary.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills- ability to deal with high volume of work, to multitask, to work at pace, be comfortable with unpredictable demands.
- Experience with photography and video creation for social media.
- Confident, enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated – ability to use initiative and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Sense of humor is a must.
- Keen interest and enthusiasm for the visual arts and an awareness of new developments in marketing, digital platforms and social media.
- Hard work ethic, willingness to go the extra mile and take pride in output.
- Night and weekend work is required for certain events and postings.
Note: This is NOT a job posting with The Social Media Magnet. Every week we like to highlight “types” of jobs that are available to students who experience our courseware. Students who have completed our courseware and practicum would do very well at this job, or this type of job.